Probably the very first Datasheet and Application Note of 555 the e-lego.
Signetics made the 555, This is one IC that is like a E-LEGO, this along with Op-Amps and other components can make many interesting projects. On some pins like Control Voltage it responds to analog signals and on Reset and Output the signals are Digital like. The 7555 a CMOS version consumes lower power and oscillates at higher frequencies.
This evergreen or perennial chip is the favorite among students and hobbyists who want to learn electronics. Here is an original datasheet from Signetics i found online, it has very nice illustrations which will act as an appetizer for learning this science.
I want students to look into these specs pages as it will make your study more invigorating.
Specifications Tutorial with Cartoons
- NE555 Page 11 – Trigger Mode and Maximum Frequency.
- NE555 Page 12 – Reset Voltage and Initial Accuracy.
- NE555 Page 13 – Threshold Voltage and Trigger Voltage.
- NE555 Page 14 – Timing drift with change in Supply voltage or Temperature.
- NE555 Page 15 – Duty Cycle and Inductive Load Latch-up.
- NE555 Page 16 – Control Voltage and Formulas of 555.