Here are circuits made of Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors which
are passive components. Crystals, Thermistors, Varistors, Variable
Passive RLC are also Passive Parts.Some circuits documented from my
design note book are here with the editable schematics.
Diodes, NPN-PNP Transistors, FET, MOSFET, SCR, Triacs are all discrete
active devices. ICs and Hybrid Modules are made of many discrete and
the Integrated Circuits or ASICs, all parts even passives are derived
on the Silicon Wafer. In Hybrid Modules the construction uses SMD or
Tiny Chip components interconnected in a small ceramic PCB and
Hermetically Sealed if needed.
- Isolated dual power supply from 5V
- Telephone LED status indicator
- Music Sound to light converter
- Simple Water operated relay
- LED Voltage Level Indicator
- Basic Relay or Solenoid Driver
- Mains Voltage Current LED Indicators
- Triac based Lamp Dimmer power control
Parts like Switches, Connectors, Relays and PCBs are
ElectroMechanical parts. Nuts, Bolts, Screws, Cabinets and enclosures
are Mechanical parts.
For a Systems Integrator or
Control Panel Designer, the Timers, Controllers, PLC which are
Electronic Products become Components or Modules along with Contacters,
Current Transformers, AC-DC Drives etc.