ARobot’s controller board accepts the Basic Stamp II (purchased separately) which controls motors, LED’s, buzzer, and other devices.
- Rugged aluminum frame (no plastic or wood)
- Dual front whisker sensors
- Rear wheel steering servo motor
- Front wheel DC gear drive motor
- Optical wheel encoder for distance measurement
- On-board coprocessor handles all motor control
ARobot’s controller board has the ability to control 3 additional RC (Remote Control) servo motors which are commonly available at hobby stores for less than $20 each. These motors can be used to create a small robot arm or a moving head. The body contains openings to mount 2 of these RC servo motors.
Arrick Robotics was founded by Roger Arrick in 1987 after the personal computer accessory market became dominated by the far east which stunted the growth of Arrick Computer Products – a maker of switch boxes and power control products since 1980.