Using Rechargeable Battery is Environment Friendly. The 1.5V and 9V are more popular in small devices and flashlights and can create more E-Waste. So rechargeable better is it not?
There is also a 4.5V Battery or Cell. This is not so popular, it is bigger too. It packs more punch or current, i used it to flash mini Magnesium bulbs. Luckily i did not hurt my eyes in this fascination. Many cells form a battery, but in Normal Spoken English, both mean same. A cell is a single unit of cathode-anode-electrolyte. Things you ought to know
Never Short Circuit a Battery, Fire hazard, Chemical Spill.Keep the Terminals of Battery and Gadget clean, Shiny.
- Guard it – Dust, Grime, Rust, Liquids & small metal objects.
- Storage – Never keep in a Metal Box or Can or Metal Safe.
- Use Rechargeable Batteries, that is good for the Planet Earth.
- Do not leave dead batteries in Device and forget it for days.
- Keep away from Heat, Direct Sunlight and High Humidity.
- Unless allowed, do not keep a charger always linked to Device.
- Do not Stock or build Inventory of Batteries, buy on demand.
- Lead Acid Batteries Usage in Power Systems
- Battery Charger and Rechargeable Batteries
- Electric double layer capacitor an eFlywheel
Still more Reading
Electropaedia – Energy Sources and Energy Storage, Battery and Energy Encyclopaedia and History of Technology
This Website has Sufficient Data on Alternative Energy (electrical). Energy Conversion and Management and most important … Batteries. Batteries are a bit expensive, they have a long life. If care is taken, they can last long. Any Energy Harvesting needs a Battery as an Electrical Flywheel. SuperCaps too act as buffers or large reservoirs.
Electric power generation and energy supply technologies.
- Energy from Fossil Fuels
- Energy from Biofuels
- Solar Energy
- Wind Energy
- Nuclear Energy